Cash Passport - MasterCard Prepaid Currency Card
These days by far the most convenient and safest way to travel with your money is with a Cash Passport. You choose the currencies and how much to load onto your card and be assured that when using overseas ATMs or in-store that your transaction is not linked to your bank account. You get 2 cards and reloading is easy. You can even reload from Australia using Bpay® which makes it great when family members are away and in need of more funds.
You will also need a smaller amount of cash in local currency for when you arrive.
Introducing the Multi-currency Cash Passport
Multi-currency Cash Passport enables card holders to load both foreign currencies and Australian Dollars onto the one card, and can be reloaded as many times as they want during the life of the card, within applicable time limits. We think the Mastercard Multi Currency Cash Passport is the best multi-currency card available to Australian travellers. The major difference is the multi-currency card offers smart wallet functionality. Not available with most cards, this function allows funds to be used from multiple currency wallets if required to help ensure your transaction is approved. This means, unlike other multi-currency cards, if you have run out of enough funds in the currency of the country you are in, money from another loaded currency can be exchanged on the card.
About Cash Passport MasterCard Prepaid Currency Card
The Cash Passport MasterCard Prepaid Currency Card is a great way to travel overseas with money. If you are travelling overseas either for work or for leisure purposes, Cash Passport is the ideal way to carry your travel spending money. The Cash Passport MasterCard Prepaid Currency Card is now Chip and PIN protected. It is accepted at over 29 million MasterCard retailers globally. It allows you access to your money in local currency from over 1.9 million MasterCard ATMs worldwide.
Multi- currency Cash Passport Key Features & Benefits
- International ATM Transactions Fee FREE*
- Load multiple currencies onto one easy to use Card**
- Smart wallet functionality – Intelligently selects the currency for your transaction. Funds will be used from multiple wallets if required to help ensure your transaction is approved.
- Chip & PIN protected for enhanced security and worldwide acceptance
- Access local currency from over 1.9 million MasterCard ATMs worldwide
- Accepted at over 29 million MasterCard retailers worldwide and online
- Reload in store or online via BPAY®
- Lock in your rate*** for the funds you load at the relevant exchange rate of the day
- Free second card as back-up in case the primary card is lost or stolen
- 24/7 Global Emergency Assistance
- Option to load up to a maximum of AU$100,000
- View your account, transactions and manage your currency balances online via “My Account” at www.cashpassport.com/multi
- Not linked to your personal bank account
- Free card replacement to anywhere in the world#
- Card valid for up to 5 years so you can use it for multiple trips
- Cards activated for use within 2 business hours
*Some ATM Operators may charge their own fee or set their own limits.
**Before you make a decision to acquire the Card, please check www.cashpassport.com/multi for the latest currencies supported.
*** “Lock in your rate” means that the prevailing exchange rate is locked in for the initial load value only. Subsequent card reloads will be processed at the then prevailing exchange rate on the day of the reload transaction, and will be locked in at that rate. Conditions apply. See in store for details.
Hints & Tips
You can access all your account information at www.cashpassport.com/multi. This includes:
- Obtaining card balances and statements
- Locating the nearest MasterCard ATM
- Travel budgeting tips
24/7 Global Emergency Assistance
Customer support is available through the Cash Passport 24/7 Global Emergency Assistance service which provides a range of services including providing card balances, replacement of lost or stolen cards, emergency cash**** to anywhere in the world, translator services, help finding legal or medical support and sending a message home. The list of global toll free phone numbers is set out below and is on the back of the Cash Passport card. Alternatively, you can seek assistance on-line by visiting www.cashpassport.com
Retrieving any balance of funds left on the card on your return
To retrieve the remaining balance on the card, simply complete the Cash Passport Encashment Form located at www.cashpassport.com and fax to 03 9282 0302
Cash outs are processed within 2 business days. Note: Cash Outs of foreign cards will be converted to AUD at the prevailing exchange rate prior to crediting to your nominated bank account.
Or simply access funds via a local MasterCard ATM machine.
****Emergency cash replacement (up to the amount available on your card), anywhere in the world, normally within 20 minutes, though in some remote locations this could take up to 24 hours.
Access Prepaid Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 47 145 452 044, AFSL 386 837) arranges for the issue of the Cash Passport in conjunction with the issuer, Heritage Bank Limited (ABN 32 087 652 024, AFSL/ACL 240984). You should consider the Product Disclosure Statement for the relevant Cash Passport available at www.cashpassport.com/multi before deciding to acquire the product. Any advice does not take into account your personal needs, financial circumstances or objectives and you should consider if it is appropriate for you. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.